Help / FAQ
A - Main informations
Grand Utopia, Mygotopia and their addons are at 1:1 scale. This means that one kilometer traveled in the game is equal to one real kilometer. Therefore, the time in play also runs at real speed.
It depends on the mod in question:
- Grand Utopia - Map: this mod is free.
- Mygotopia - Addon Map: the alpha versions of this mod are reserved only for Globetrotter members of my Patreon. Public versions will be free but are not yet available.
- Patrons Island - Addon Map: this mod is only for Archipelago Adventurer and Globetrotter members of my Patreon.
- Akokan Island - Addon Map: this mod is only for Archipelago Adventurer and Globetrotter members of my Patreon.
- Grand Utopia of America - Map: this mod is not yet available.
No, the Grand Utopia map is an independent map because of its different scale from the basic game. It is therefore not compatible with any other map.
- Grand Utopia - Version 1.14.2
- Mygotopia - Version 0.2 (alpha)
- Patrons Island - Version 1.0.
B - Set up and update process
For exemple, to install the Grand Utopia Map, you must first download the mod. Then place the grandutopia.scs file in your mod folder (My Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod). Once the game is launched, you must create a new game. Before launching your new game, you must first activate the mod in your mod manager and then select grandutopia.mbd instead of Europe in the "Map" tab.
Once all this is done, launch your game and start rolling!
To update a mod, simply replace the old nameofthemod.scs file with the new one in your mod folder. No need to recreate a new game, just restart your current game.
C - Technical support
When you encounter a bug on one of my mods and you want to report it to me so that it can be fixed, you must use the dedicated Google Forms. You can find the links to these forms here:
- for bugs encountered on Grand Utopia : Report a bug
- for bugs encountered on Mygotopia: not yet available
/!\ Please do not report bugs on other platforms (forums/Facebook/Instagram), as your request may not be taken into account.
Before creating a bug report to report a crash, check first :
- that the version of the mod you have is compatible with the version of ETS 2 you have.
- that the crash is present even in a game without any other mod.
- that you have allocated more RAM memory to your game (a procedure is available in the User Guide in the mod archive).
- that your PC has a good configuration.
- that you have checked your game files (on Steam).
Indeed, in order to recreate realistic and therefore quality environments, I have to use a lot of items. This greatly affects the performance of your PC which needs more resources to run the game. Note that my mods are continuously tested by my Patreon members and myself before each public release of a new version. Most of the time, the cause of the crash is probably your configuration.
D - Custom VTC
By installing your personalized VTC on one of my map mods, you will add a touch of realism to the way you play. Indeed, your VTC will become a real gaming company and will therefore be playable like any other company created by SCS Software. Thus, the logo of your VTC will be put on the buildings of your depot and the trailers will be in the colors of your VTC. It will even be possible to cross AI's running with one of your trailers.
The creation, configuration and installation of a VTC costs 30,00 €.
Your VTC being directly integrated into the mod, it will be visible and playable by all those who play the mod.
No, that is not possible anymore.
E - Billboards
Billboards allow you to advertise on my map mods. This gives you the opportunity to promote something to a large audience of thousands of players around the world.
After providing me with a visual in the required format, I will place your ad on the map in the places you want. Once integrated into the mod and placed, your ad will remain on the map mod for an unlimited time (unless you indicate otherwise).
The integration of an advertisement will cost you € 5.00 / visual. For each visual, you can choose up to 10 different locations on the map.